About

In January 1947, a group of Houston SAI’s met in the home of Helen Lasley to work towards the formation of a chartered alumnae chapter. There was a musicale at each of the early meetings and the members were filled with enthusiasm as they talked of projects which included sponsoring musicales at Stower’s radio programs and music therapy at the Naval Hospital. On the evening of April 29, 1947 the chapter was installed by National Vice-President, Annelle Chandler, at the Warwick Hotel.

Advertisements